What do I do when my basement floods? Right now this is the question many in the Eau Claire area are faced with. Here are some tips when tackling this terrible situation.
- Be VERY careful around water and electricity. Avoiding touching anything electrified while standing in water.
- Try to save what you can, get anything that can be ruined to higher ground.
- Place some pumps in the basement and divert the water as far away from the house as possible.
- Call your insurance company right away.
- If you have carpet in the basement, pull it up and get fans under there to dry it out completely.
- Call a professional clean up company if this is beyond your abilities or if your insurance company will cover it, they have all the right equipment to do the job right.
My Furnace & Water Heater are Flooded, Now What?
This is a very serious situation because these devices have sensitive electronics and explosive gas devices within them. If water rises to your furnace or water heater it’s extremely important to call a professional furnace and a/c repair company right away. Also, let your insurance company know because there will more than likely be damage to these pieces of equipment. Bearings in the blower motors, electronic control boards and gas valves are all susceptible to water damage.
What About my Warranty?
All major manufacturers of furnaces, air conditioners and water heaters have specific language that completely voids the warranty if water from a flood touches them. As a matter of fact, all major safety institutions including the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute state that the appliance should be replaced immediately if any part of the device has been under water.
Hurlburt is Here to Help
We work will all major insurance companies and disaster recovery companies to quickly assess and replace all furnaces, air conditioners, boilers and water heaters affected by flooding.
For fast expert furnace and water heater replacement call Hurlburt Heating & Plumbing. Our courteous customer service folks are available 24 hours a day to take your call at 715-283-4422 or you can book conveniently online from our scheduling page.